In 2023, Canada aims to welcome 465,000 new permanent residents. By 2025, this target is increased to 500,000. Pakistan is one of the top source countries of new immigrants to Canada, which is currently home to over 300,000 Pakistani people. The largest share of Pakistani people live in Ontario, especially in Toronto, Mississauga and Milton.
Pakistan remains in the top ten source countries of new immigrants to Canada. Between 2016 and 2021, the number of Canadian immigrants born in Pakistan grew from 202,260 to 234,110, almost 32,000 people. Further, in 2022, about 6,400 Pakistani students came to Canada to study.
The best way to immigrate to Canada depends on your individual situation and your goals, so it is important to know your options and determine which pathway you are most eligible for to optimize your chances of successful immigration.
Federal Skilled Worker Program
The most popular way to immigrate to Canada is through economic immigration, which has over 100 available immigration pathways. One of these pathways is the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). The program allows candidates with work experience to apply for permanent residence, even if they do not have a job offer in Canada or have any connection to Canada.
The FSWP targets foreign skilled workers who would be successful in Canada thanks to their foreign work experience, education and language ability. In order to eligible for the program, candidates must have:
- One year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled occupation classified under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) TEER category 0, 1, 2, or 3;
- Validated language ability equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in English or French across all abilities (reading, writing, listening, and speaking); and
- A Canadian educational credential (certificate, diploma, or degree) or foreign credential and Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report.
- At least 67 points on IRCC’s six immigration selection factors.
- Enough money for you and your family to settle in Canada.
The FSWP Is one of the three programs managed under Express Entry, which is the Canadian government’s application system. The other programs include the Canadian Experience Class and the Federal Skilled Trades Program.
Once an applicant has submitted an Express Entry profile, they will be ranked based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). The CRS will give you a score out of 600 based on individual factors, including age, education, work experience and language skills. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will then send out invitations to apply (ITA) for permanent residence to the highest scoring candidates.
IRCC has also recently introduced new category-based draw selection for Express Entry candidates. Candidates can be eligible under the new draw categories if they have a strong French language proficiency or have work experience in the follow areas
Source : CIC News